Green Isle Chapter Happenings
- We have been busy feeding the pheasants for the winter. We have 2 members that put out more than 50 feeders. Feeding over a thousand birds from Henderson to Almost Gaylord to north of Hwy 212. In 2009 & 2010 we purchased $3900 worth of cob corn that went in the crib at the Green Isle Sportsmen Club. Corn is available the 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month 8am-noon.
- We also donated money to the Hamburg & Green Isle Fire Departments for their swamp buggies. They are used to fight fires in swamps, lakes, & cattail sloughs.
- We maintain over 80 wood duck houses that are spread all over the county.
- In 2009, we released over 600 week old pheasant chicks. We expect to do more in 2010. We may also try releasing bred hens.
- There is a piece of land between Green Isle & Arlington that is in the process of becoming public land. We will be investing money in that for grasses & a few ponds.
- We also donated money to pubic land that was bought by Henderson & New Auburn.
- We are always looking for projects such as Food Plots – Grasses planted or others.
If interested contact Kerby Kroells (952) 467-3828 or Joe Luskey (507) 326-5325